Exclusive: trendy and creative ways to spark the Christmas magic in 2018
Find out what Christmas 2017 was all about in our seasonal review for Confectionery and get inspired for 2018 with the innovative concepts prepared by our creative chefs chocolatier Luc Baudin and Sarah Hartnett.
The festive outfit
Our design agency Stylus has identified 3 Christmas trends for 2018:
- FANTASIA - “the maximalist’s fairy tale” with its uplifting festive palette of all shades of pink, blue and golden
- ARCHIVE that “celebrates the reinvention of historic aesthetics” It truly is a luxurious treasure trove with its gilded ornamentation and metallic finishes.
- FROST, “inspired by glacial landscapes, ice and snow’’, it stands out with cool hues, white light and geometric shapes”.
We eat with our eyes, so don’t underestimate the role of the visual impact! Learn more about creating shiny effects and Christmas designs here.
Rose FANTASIA and luscious berriness
- Pink & red power flowers, rosy transfer sheets
- White Désir filling with real chocolate, raspberry awesome filling with real fruit
- Strawberry crispy bites, blackberry crispy whispers
….with hints of rose and Indian spices for an oriental touch.
Bronze ARCHIVE and fifty shades of caramel
Caramel doré chocolate
Caramelized pistachios and almonds
Bronze creative powder
Nordic FROST: northern beauty
- Warming caramel filling
- Refreshing mint crispy whispers
- Blue power flowers from natural origin
- Diamond transfer sheets
...play of contrasts.
Get playful with gifting
If you want to magnify the effect of the delicious Christmas gifts, go beyond the classic box of pralines and explore the new fun formats: advent calendar 2.0 and the party Piñata.
With the advent calendars booming these days you can stand out with a disruptive offer - countdown chocolate bar. Decorate each piece with cute seasonal images and fill each bite with known or surprising, but invariably delicious cores.
For the exciting surprise effect, sought-after by the Millennial consumers, your go-to is a chocolate Piñata: beautifully decorated on the outside, it has more to reveal - delicious treats hidden inside.
The good old limited editions are a time-proven way to attract your consumers, especially if you are on top of the recent flavor trends. Choices are many: cosy and warming caramel spiced with cinnamon (or not), funky and refreshing cocktail inspiration, fancy desserts, snowy coconut and mint, the sky is the limit. Throw in a lovely Christmas design, and your consumers’ hearts will melt even if it’s below zero outside...
Deer pulling a Symphony of Caramel sledge
- Cocoart transfer sheets
- Caramel doré chocolate
- Caramel Tintoretto filling
- Classic caramel filling
Rainbow truffles: guess the flavor by the color!
- Yellow: Gin&Tonic with lemon crispy whispers
- Pink: Champagne & Berries with Marc de champagne filling, awesome raspberry filling and strawberry crispy whispers
Decorated with truffle powders.
Looking for more inspiration to build your 2018 seasonal range?
This was just the tip of the iceberg. To dig deeper, get in touch with your account manager for a customised co-creation session, or read our inspirational articles here: