Bakery & Pastry
The richest flavor and color cocoa powders
Cocoa powders for indulgent chocolate flavor
Our cocoa powders bring out an intense chocolate flavor in your bakery and pastry applications and keep them light and fluffy.
Here is our selection of Bensdorp cocoa powders to help you create the best flavor and color chocolate experience. There is of course much more available, so for more information reach out to your customer support team.
Cocoa powders for a premium color sensory
- For rich muffin and brownie recipes, we recommend to use 5% of cocoa powder, for macarons use 4%, and for biscuits 5%. For a darker color, either increase the amount or switch to a powder with a higher degree of alkalisation.
- The dry color of the powder changes as the powder is blended in the application. Therefore when selecting your color, we recommend to always test the wet (intrinsic) color.
- In application, low fat cocoa powders have a darker color than their high fat counterparts with the same degree of alkalisation.
Irresistible aerated textures
Aerated products like macarons and meringues require cocoa powder with a very low fat content. However, cocoa butter is an important flavor determiner. Luckily, Bensdorp has developed a unique processing technique that generates cocoa powders with less than 1% cocoa butter while still preserving the indulgent chocolate flavor. Your chocolate macarons will have a brittle and crumbly texture on the outside, and a delightfully chewy heart on the inside. But more importantly: they will have an indulgent chocolate taste.
When blended with sugar, Bensdorp’s selection of high fat cocoa powders (20/22 & 22/24) allow you to claim ‘Chocolate’ on your package.
With Bensdorp’s 100% Dairy Free Dark Chocolate powder you can show real pieces of chocolate on pack and claim: ‘Dark chocolate’.
It's all about indulgence
- Boost the flavor and color of your traditional chocolate recipes by blending chocolate with cocoa powder.
- Unlock the power of color, from distinctive black with Ebony cocoa powder to the deep dark red of our Cameroon origin cocoa powder.
- Discover the unique taste of our single origin cocoa powders. They also allow for great storytelling on the origin & quality of the cocoa beans.
- For a delicious crunch in your biscuits, add 5% of Croquoa bakestable inclusions. Only cocoa & sugar!