American Almond hazelnut praline 50/50
Dark or milk chocolate couverture, 64%, tempered
Dark or milk chocolate couverture, 64%, melted (for spreading & dipping)
- Using a metal spatula, very thinly spread chocolate onto an acetate sheet. Place ¼” plastic bars around the melted chocolate to form a frame.
- Mix the hazelnut praline and tempered dark chocolate couverture (170 g) in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the praline and chocolate mixture into the frame and flatten with a metal spatula. Let it set overnight in a cool room (17ºC / 62.6ºF).
- Cut with a guitar confectionery cutter or by hand with a warm knife.
- Roll the squares into balls and let set.
- Roll the balls in a thin layer of melted chocolate couverture at 35ºC / 95ºF and then roll them into the caramelized nuts.
- Place each one on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Using a stainless steel spider, dip each rocher into tempered chocolate couverture (with 5-8% vegetable oil added to it).
- Place the Swiss Rochers on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and let set.
- Store in a cool room at 17ºC / 62.6ºF.