- In a mixing bowl fitted with paddle attachment, combine the American Almond® praline paste and the 5 ounces of Barry Callebaut Milk Chocolate melted to 90°F. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Scoop the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a small plain tip.
- Fill each truffle shell with the mixture. Using a small piping bag filled with some of the tempered Barry Callebaut Bittersweet Chocolate couverture, seal each truffle shell opening.
- Dip the truffles into the tempered Barry Callebaut Bittersweet Chocolate. When crystallized repeat the process a second time.
- Decorate the freshly dipped truffles with American Almond® hazelnut brittle crunch.
These delicious Belgian-style chocolates have a long shelf life. However, during the production process, keep in mind that transferring just-made fillings to a refrigerator for quick crystallization can be very problematic for preserving freshness. When quick-chilling under refrigeration, condensation forms on the surface of the filling. Once such fillings are dipped in chocolate, they can mold within 14 days in the area where the moisture was trapped.