Barry Callebaut milk chocolate, melted
Barry Callebaut bittersweet chocolate, melted
softened unsalted butter
- To make the truffle centers, in a mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the American Almond® praline paste, the melted chocolates, and the butter. Blend until smooth, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Scoop the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a small plain tip. Pipe the filling into uniform, 1-inch pieces. Allow the mixture to firm up slightly.
- Roll the piped praline mixture between the palms of your hands to create a smooth, round ball.
- To coat the truffle centers, melt the bittersweet chocolate and coconut oil over simmering water. Stir to combine. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat.
- One at a time, dip the truffle centers into the chocolate. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off the truffle center before placing it on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Let the chocolate harden then dip each truffle a second time in the melted chocolate.
- Decorate the freshly dipped chocolates with cocoa nibs if desired.
- Store the dipped chocolates in a cool dark place. The candies will keep for up to 2 weeks.
- *Use 3 Tablespoons of coconut oil for every 8 ounces of chocolate.