Let’s Talk Taste
How does it work?
The easy to navigate wheel offers a layered overview of all relevant chocolate and cocoa aromas, taste and mouthfeel.
- The first inner layer covers 5 basic taste descriptors, 12 basic aroma descriptors and 10 mouthfeel descriptors.
- The second outer layer goes beyond that to identify and better understand what is meant by vegetal aromas.
The mouthfeel, texture and trigeminal descriptors capture the sensations we experience while tasting chocolate. It covers the attributes perceived with the first bite, during the tasting, when the chocolate is melting in your mouth, and after swallowing the chocolate. We selected 6 texture descriptors most relevant for consumers.
At First Bite:
Does it feel hard?
- Does it feel soft when chewing and moving?
What about the melting in the mouth?
And does it feel coarse, fine and creamy when melting?
- What about the melting in the mouth?
- And does it feel coarse, fine and creamy when melting?