- Combine the flours, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Cut cold pieces of the butter into the flour mixture until a mealy dough with pea-sized bits of butter is formed.
- Toss in the lemon zest.
- Toss the American Almond® Almond Paste and chopped cherries in the flour mixture to coat.
- Stir in the heavy cream to make a dough.
- Shape the dough into a log and freeze slightly before cutting into triangles.
- Brush each scone with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 20 minutes.