The richest flavor and color cocoa powders
Cocoa powders for rich chocolate flavor
Our cocoa powders for ice cream give a deliciously intense chocolate flavor for an ultimate chocolate indulgence.
Here is our selection of Bensdorp cocoa powders to help you create the best flavor and color chocolate experience. There is of course much more available, so for more information reach out to your customer support team.
Cocoa powders for a premium color sensory
- We recommend to use 5% of cocoa powder in your recipe. For a darker color, either increase the amount or switch to a powder with a higher degree of alkalisation.
- The dry color of the powder changes as the powder is blended in the application. Therefore when selecting your color, we recommend to always test the wet (intrinsic) color.
- In application, low fat cocoa powders have a darker color than their high fat counterparts with the same degree of alkalisation.
- Cocoa powders with higher fat levels bring a longer lasting flavor and a smoother texture.
- Ice creams prepared with high fat cocoa powders have a longer melting time allowing a better stability.
- For a delicious multi-textured chewy stracciatella effect add 5% of Croquoa inclusions. Only made out of 2 ingredients: cocoa & sugar!
When blended with sugar, Bensdorp’s selection of high fat cocoa powders (20/22 & 22/24) allow you to claim ‘Chocolate’ on your package.
With Bensdorp’s 100% Dairy Free Dark Chocolate powder you can show real pieces of chocolate on pack and claim: ‘Dark chocolate’.
We have selected the best cocoa powder flavors for your dairy free ice creams:
- For almond milk recipes, prefer Bensdorp Dairy Free Dark Chocolate powder for its round caramel, nutty flavor.
- Coconut milk recipes work particularly well with the DW cocoa powder which brings a nice balanced chocolate, caramel flavor.
- For soy milk, we recommend the Santo Domingo origin for its balanced cocoa chocolate flavor.
For other plant based dairy-free ice cream applications please contact us to find the best matching cocoa powder maximizing your flavor and color experience.