- Colored & Flavored product portfolio includes coatings and inclusions for a variety of applications, including baked goods, snack bars, ice cream and confections.
- Products offer new ways for food manufacturers seeking a wider variety of flavor, personalization in finished products
- Expansion strengthens Barry Callebaut’s position as a leader in compound ingredient solutions
The Barry Callebaut Group – the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products – has launched an expanded line of Colored & Flavored compound coatings and inclusions for food manufacturers and confectioners. These versatile offerings enhance the visual and taste appeal of finished products, making them ideal for use in bakery, snack, ice cream and confectionery applications.
New Taste and Color Profiles
The expanded portfolio includes a variety of new colored and flavored compound coatings and chips, including: mint, caramel, butterscotch, strawberry, blueberry, coconut, cappuccino, mocha, marshmallow, lemon and more. The additional flavor profiles help food manufacturers and confectioners customize product applications with surprising touches in taste and color.
“Our R&D and Innovation teams continue to note strong consumer demand for customized products,” said Laura Bergan, Senior Marketing Manager at Barry Callebaut. “The Colored & Flavored product line is a unique option for our customers looking for ways to differentiate themselves from competitors, and tap into the ever-growing market for seasonal, limited-time offers and customized sweets.”
Ready-To-Use for Quick Convenience
The Colored & Flavored product portfolio is available in two ready-to-use forms: EZ melt coatings and 1M, 2M or 4M compound chips. Both coatings and chips are appropriate in a variety of applications, such as:
- Bakery Items: Baked goods can be dipped or drizzled with a colorful coating for added decadence. Compound chips can be used to update traditional recipes for a playful look and taste.
- Snack Bars: To reinvent the snacking experience, food manufacturers can incorporate chips and coatings into bars for the unexpected visual and taste appeal consumers are seeking.
- Ice Cream Applications: Compound coatings and inclusions create surprising taste and texture contrasts when added to frozen desserts. Traditional ice cream bars can be enrobed with colorful coatings for a chocolate-like crack when eaten, while chip inclusions boost the flavor profile of ice cream.
- Colorful Confections: Compound coatings are a cost-effective way for confectioners create enticing visual appeal to products.
- Seasonal, Limited-Time, Customized Applications: Consumers look forward to the new, unique flavor profiles of seasonal or limited-time product offerings. Colored and flavored inclusions lend excitement and novelty to special occasion treats
A Leader in Compound Ingredient Solutions
As the world’s largest manufacturer of compound coatings and inclusions, Barry Callebaut is dedicated to educating and training food manufacturers and confectioners on the benefits of working with compounds, versus chocolate. Compound is often easier to apply to finished products, as it does not require tempering prior to use. The new Colored & Flavored compound products can be melted and added to applications in one step. Compound is also well-suited in instances when products are distributed in non-refrigerated trucks or warehouses. Compound can also withstand higher melting temperatures than chocolate, allowing the finished product to better maintain its integrity.
As part of its corporate Innovation strategy, the Barry Callebaut Group combines trends, science and knowledge to drive product differentiation for food manufacturers. With more consumers interested in new, unique flavor combinations, ingredient such as the new Colored & Flavored coatings and inclusions help food manufacturers enhance the consumer’s experience and elevate their brand.
For more information about the Colored & Flavored product line and other product offerings for food manufacturers, please visit www.barry-callebaut.com/en/manufacturers.
About Barry Callebaut Group:
With annual sales of about CHF 5.9 billion (EUR 4.8 billion / USD 6.5 billion) in fiscal year 2013/14, the Zurich-based Barry Callebaut Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products – from sourcing and processing cocoa beans to producing the finest chocolates, including chocolate fillings, decorations and compounds. The Group runs more than 50 production facilities worldwide and employs a diverse and dedicated global workforce of over 9,300 people.
The Barry Callebaut Group serves the entire food industry, from industrial food manufacturers to artisanal and professional users of chocolate, such as chocolatiers, pastry chefs, bakers, hotels, restaurants or caterers. The two global brands catering to the specific needs of these Gourmet customers are Callebaut® and Cacao Barry®.
The Barry Callebaut Group is committed to sustainable cocoa production through its “Cocoa Horizons” initiative to help ensure future supplies of cocoa as well as improve farmer livelihoods.