- Add a 1/3 of the whole milk to the cornstarch and whisk this together until there are no lumps.
- Bring the remaining milk to a boil with the granulated sugar.
- Meanwhile, add the eggs and egg yolks to the cornstarch mixture and whisk together.
- When the milk boils, temper in the egg mixture to the hot milk and whisk vigorously until the pastry cream thickens considerably.
- Immediately transfer this to an electric mixer, place the butter on top and turn the mixer on medium speed to melt the butter. After the butter is melted, turn the mixer on low speed and continue mixing until the pastry cream is room temperature.
- Add the American Almond® almond butter in last. Chill the pastry cream.