Let’s talk taste
How does it work?
The easy to navigate wheel offers a layered overview of all relevant chocolate and cocoa aromas, taste and mouthfeel.
- First inner layer covers 5 basic taste descriptors, 12 basic aroma descriptors and 10 mouthfeel descriptors.
- Second outer layer goes beyond only applicable to identify what & better understand what is meant by f.e. vegetal aromas.
The mouthfeel - texture and trigeminal descriptors - captures the sensations we experience while tasting chocolate. It covers the attributes perceived with the first bite, during the tasting, when the chocolate is melting in your mouth, and after swallowing the chocolate. We selected 6 texture descriptors most relevant for consumers.
- Does it feel hard? (at first bite)
- Does it feel soft when chewing & moving? (during tasting)
- What about the melting in the mouth? (during tasting)
- And does it feel coarse, fine and creamy when melting? (during tasting)