WHAT: Our own Definition of Diversity & Inclusion
We are #oneBC, united by our strong values, our love for cocoa & chocolate and our passion for growth. And yet we are all different. This is our greatest strength. We thrive on the diversity of who we are, where we come from, what we’ve experienced and how we think.
For diversity to thrive, we are nurturing an inclusive environment where people can truly be themselves, grow to their full potential and feel they belong.
HOW: Implementing our Diversity & Inclusion Strategy
We have set ourselves two focused and impactful targets to be achieved by 2025:
- More progress in gender balance at senior level
- 40% women at Director* level
- 30% women at Director* level in Sales
- More diversification in the origin of our talent at senior level
- 50% local talent at Director* level in countries of origin and emerging markets
*equivalent to a Sub-Function Head or a Senior Management position often with direct reports
We are a purpose-led company, driven by our love for cocoa and chocolate, our passion for growth and our commitment to sustainability. Like Forever Chocolate, Diversity & Inclusion is essential in driving the sustainability of our company. We have therefore decided to commit to time-bound targets focusing on a few business critical challenges. What you measure, you improve! We believe that this will help us drive progress and make us an even more inclusive and more sustainable company.
Commitment from the top: implementation across regions and functions
Our Executive Committee is strongly committed to our focused, data-driven and time-bound D&I Strategy. Driving Diversity & Inclusion is the right thing to do for our people and our business.
To achieve our D&I targets by 2025, we have created a solid governance structure:
- Our D&I Council provides guidance and recommendations and reviews our progress in achieving our D&I targets. It is composed of nine senior Barry Callebaut executives - half members of the Executive Committee, half Vice Presidents or Managing Directors - meets twice a year and is chaired by our CEO Antoine de Saint-Affrique
- Every Region and Corporate Function has appointed a D&I Champion whose role is to translate the Group targets into specific regional and/or functional action plans - a network of credible business leaders who are committed to driving change.
My strong commitment to empowering everyone to be their best, regardless of cultural background or gender, as well as my belief in diversity, whilst not accepting any other criteria than pure meritocracy, have deep roots. It is something I learned at school. And it is something I saw at home, where equality and respect for others were the rule.