Health and safety
A company can only thrive if it has healthy employees. Barry Callebaut is therefore committed to providing employees with safe and healthy working conditions. The Health and Safety performance and the progress achieved in the different sites are audited and benchmarked on a regular basis.
Our main objectives are to:
- Continuously reduce recordable injury and lost time accidents in every plant.
- Create the awareness and promote the active involvement and accountability of employees in the health and safety management and safe behavior.
- Comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations in the countries where we operate.
In order to achieve these objectives each site is responsible for the execution of this policy and for setting up a Health & Safety management system. This system should cover the following elements:
- Performance measurement, targets for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and action plans for continuous improvement.
- Motivation and training of the employees to make them actively participate in the health and safety programs and to make them understand their responsibilities.
- Processes to proactively detect and eliminate the main health and safety risks.