Honoring outstanding performance and community service – The annual Chairman's Award recognizes employees who have been with Barry Callebaut for a number of years and who have demonstrated outstanding performance at work, as well as a strong social commitment in their local communities.
The Chairman’s Award was conceived in 1995 by Klaus Jacobs, the late former Chairman of Jacobs Holding AG and founder of Barry Callebaut. Recipients of the annual award are individuals who embody the Barry Callebaut values of customer focus, passion, entrepreneurship, team spirit and integrity.
In 2012, 13 colleagues from nine countries were honored with the Chairman’s Award. The employees and their spouses are invited to attend the ceremony that was held in Lenzerheide, Switzerland in September 2012. The award was presented by Barry Callebaut CEO Juergen Steinemann and Chairman of the Board of Directors Andreas Jacobs.
The Chairman's Award Winners 2011 in Lenzerheide, Switzerland
Front from left: Beverley Dunkley, Zofia Sych-Kenig, Priscille Pradal, Zaimah Khalid and Mary Ann Edwards
Back from left: Andreas Jacobs (Chairman of the Board), Martin Bayi, Juergen B. Steinemann (CEO), Kris Van Berlamont, Stephan Laurent, Jean Christophe Venacter, Karsten Siegert, Azahari Bin Mat Sum and Emmanuel Doubouran Soulama
Not in the picture: Celia Goh
This year’s Chairman’s Award winners are:
- Pascale Perdaens, Wieze, Belgium
- Karel Kinders, Wieze, Belgium
- Pilar Bueno Colomo, Gurb, Spain
- Elisabeth Poitrimoult, Louviers, France
- Elena Vereschagina, Chekhov, Russia
- Siralan Nadeson, Port Klang, Malaysia
- Awang Saharudin B. Awang Kamarudin, Port Klang, Malaysia
- Xu Tao, Suzhou, China
- Laura Roth, Chicago, USA
- Eric Schmoyer, Pennsauken, USA
- Ariana Guajardo, Monterrey, Mexico
- Joelle-Hermance Kanto, Abidjan, Ivory Coast
- Joséphine Ahibé Ahiman, San Pedro, Ivory Coast