Home > Chocolate for food manufacturers > News > Barry Callebaut introduces new chocolate products for food manufacturers in North America
Barry Callebaut introduces new chocolate products for food manufacturers in North America
August 01, 2007
- New Barry Callebaut Single-Origin Chocolates, Aerated Chocolate, High Cacao Chocolates and an Expanded Range of Inclusions Unveiled at IFT Annual Meeting & Food Expo in Chicago
Chicago, August 1, 2007 – Barry Callebaut, the world’s largest producer of high-quality cocoa, chocolate and confectionery products, today unveiled a variety of new chocolate products designed to meet the growing needs of food manufacturers in the North American market.
The products, which were launched at the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Annual Meeting and Food Expo in Chicago, are a result of Barry Callebaut’s ongoing innovative research and development initiatives. The new products include:
- Barry Callebaut Single-Origin Chocolates. To serve its industrial food manufacturing customers in North America, the company will begin manufacturing six rare and exclusive single-origin chocolates (made from a single cocoa bean variety grown and harvested in a specific region of the world) at its facilities in North America. The single-origin chocolates, which each offer a distinct flavor and aroma, include a Ghana dark chocolate (60 percent cacao), Tanzania dark chocolate (73 percent cacao), Mexico milk chocolate (40 percent cacao), Santo Domingo dark chocolate (70 percent cacao), Venezuela dark chocolate (75 percent cacao), and an Arriba dark chocolate (50 percent cacao).
- Barry Callebaut Aerated Chocolate. Barry Callebaut’s new aerated chocolate product for industrial customers offers a light, almost fluffy texture and melts quickly in the mouth. The aerated chocolate, which is loaded with tiny, visible air bubbles and is one-third the weight of standard chocolate, can float in liquid and is ideal for cereals, as well as baking and dairy applications in which standard chocolate is typically used. Manufacturers can use the aerated chocolate chunks to increase the total number of chocolate pieces in a product while maintaining the total chocolate mass, providing added value and cost efficiencies for food manufacturers.
- Barry Callebaut Inclusions™. To add extra flavor and texture to bakery and confectionery products, Barry Callebaut is introducing a full range of innovative inclusions that offer a variety of tastes and come in different sizes and shapes. Whether it’s caramelized cocoa nibs (roasted kernels of cocoa beans) or coffee-flavored crystals, the company’s line of inclusions are specifically designed to add extra flavor, crunch or texture to a number of finished products.
- Barry Callebaut High Cacao Chocolates. With a focus on meeting the growing demand for bold, intense dark chocolate, Barry Callebaut is introducing a line of high cacao chocolates and chocolate chunks that are expertly crafted with up to 85 percent cocoa solids. These products are available in custom formulations to meet the requirements for specific applications.
In addition to these new products, Barry Callebaut showcased at the IFT Food Expo a wide range of certified chocolate products that fully comply with Kosher, Organic, Fair Trade and other standards and are designed to meet consumers’ growing appetites for food products that reflect a range of personal beliefs and ideals.
“With more than 150 years of experience in the art of chocolate making, a wide variety of innovative product offerings and more single-origin chocolates available than any other chocolate maker, Barry Callebaut is uniquely positioned to meet the diverse needs of food manufacturers,” said Massimo Garavaglia, Barry Callebaut’s president of food manufacturers and gourmet and specialties North America. “Whether it’s a top-quality ingredient, a convenient, ready-to-use product or a tailor-made recipe, food manufacturers of all sizes can rely on Barry Callebaut to deliver innovative solutions to help grow their businesses.”
About Barry Callebaut:
With annual sales of more than $3.4 billion USD for the fiscal year 2005/2006, Zurich-based Barry Callebaut is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality cocoa, chocolate and confectionery products – from the cocoa bean to the finished product on the store shelf. Barry Callebaut operates more than 30 production facilities in 23 countries, and employs approximately 8,000 people. The company serves the entire food industry, from food manufacturers to professional users of chocolate (such as chocolatiers, pastry chefs or bakers), to global retailers. It also provides a comprehensive range of services in the fields of product development, processing, training and marketing.
Contact for the media:
BlueCurrent Public Relations