Barry Callebaut will be present at the upcoming Food Ingredient Europe (FIE) trade fair in Frankfurt from 19 to 21 November 2013 (booth 8H31).
It’ all about cocoa!
Highlights at this year’s booth of Barry Callebaut at FIE:
- Pioneering news: The health claim recently approved for ACTICOA® cocoa and chocolate
- The COCOART™ Collection, a new range of E-number free cocoa decorations
- Cocoa Horizons projects: further expansion of our Quality Partner Program (QPP) and the latest developments regarding our Cocoa Horizons Truck
- Our Bensdorp® cocoa range (170 years of cocoa powder expertise!) has undergone a complete restyling
- And also: nibs! Roasted, broken cocoa kernels: how much closer can you get to the basics?
Visitors to Barry Callebaut’s booth will get an up close and personal look at how Barry Callebaut is leading innovating in the world of cocoa and chocolate. Only recently (September 4, 2013), the European Commission approved Barry Callebaut’s health claim submission for the cocoa flavanols that are preserved in the chocolate products of the ACTICOA®-range.
Proprietary right to use the cocoa flavanols claim within EU countries
The company obtained the right to claim that “cocoa flavanols help maintain the elasticity of blood vessels, which contributes to normal blood flow”.
In conventional chocolate production, the flavanols are lost during the fermentation stage. Barry Callebaut’s research team discovered a way to preserve up to 80% of the flavanols in ACTICOA® chocolate.
Barry Callebaut was able to provide evidence that the daily intake of 200 mg of cocoa flavanols (provided by 2.5 g ACTICOA® cocoa powder or 10 g ACTICOA® dark chocolate) supports a healthy blood circulation by helping to maintain the elasticity of the blood vessels.
This health claim is the first in the cocoa and chocolate industry.
Join us at the fair and discover all about our other innovative and sustainable projects.