Barry Callebaut introduces new premium Callebaut™ Belgian chocolate products for consumers in North America
- Gourmet chocolate once available only to professional pastry chefs and chocolate artisans now available to consumers through specialty food stores and fine grocers
- New milk, dark and marbled chocolate products are ideal for baking, cooking and snacking
- Company launches CallebautRecipes.com, offering a variety of mouth-watering recipes for home chefs
Chicago, Jan. 17, 2010 – To the delight of chocolate enthusiasts and home chefs throughout North America, Barry Callebaut – the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality cocoa and chocolate products – today at the Fancy Food Show in San Francisco introduced a new line of its popular Callebaut Belgian chocolates designed especially for the consumer market.
Made using the finest cocoa beans, 100 percent pure cocoa butter and natural bourbon vanilla, the new line of Callebaut chocolate couvertures are available in milk, dark and marbled varieties and will be sold at specialty food markets and fine grocers throughout the United States.
“Callebaut has long been the global standard for Belgian premium chocolate products and the preferred choice among chocolate professionals who want exceptional taste and quality for their culinary creations,” says Parveen Werner, director of marketing for Barry Callebaut North America. “Now non-professional food enthusiasts can achieve the same quality in their own recipes at home with our new line of fine Callebaut chocolates that will be available conveniently at retail stores.”
In fact, home cooking and baking enthusiasts will enjoy a number of benefits when using Callebaut chocolate, including:
- Enhanced flavor – The milk, dark and marbled chocolate couvertures are perfect for adding rich taste to brownies, cookies, cakes, truffles and other dessert recipes.
- Easy-melt consistency – Small, disc-shaped chocolate Callets™, which are the perfect size for quick snacking and make tempering chocolate in the microwave a breeze.
- Optimum product freshness – The milk and dark chocolate varieties are available in re-sealable 8.5-ounce stand-up bags or 8-ounce snap-tight tubs to help preserve freshness, and have a shelf life of 18 and 24 months respectively. The marbled variety chocolate is available in 9-ounce bags and 9-ounce tubs and has a shelf life of 12 months.
For more product information and mouth-watering recipes, home chefs and chocolate artisans alike can visit www.callebautrecipes.com.
With annual sales of about CHF 4.9 billion (approximately USD 4.3 billion) for fiscal year 2008/09, Zurich-based Barry Callebaut is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality cocoa and chocolate – from the cocoa bean to the finished product on the store shelf. Barry Callebaut is present in 26 countries, operates about 40 production facilities and employs about 7,500 people. The company serves the entire food industry, from food manufacturers to professional users of chocolate (such as chocolatiers, pastry chefs or bakers), to global retailers. Barry Callebaut is the global leader in cocoa and chocolate innovations and provides a comprehensive range of services in the fields of product development, processing, training and marketing. The company is actively engaged in initiatives and projects that contribute to a more sustainable cocoa supply chain.
Contacts for the media:
MM2 Public Relations
(214) 379-3707 direct
MM2 Public Relations
(214) 379-3704 direct